Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Birth of A Small Plan

It's been quite a chore yesterday trying to set up the necessary server stuff over my ol' 200MMX Linux machine :). Been spending an hour or two just to make sure that the server can be FTP'd and Telnet'd, and, of course, serve PHP pages to my machine :).

Probably some of you might have guessed, I'm now working on my website to fill in the space that I have just bought. Although reading all the manuals and man pages isn't really something you can associate the word "fun" with, but it's really exciting when I tried to imagine how the outcome will be: A full-furnished, beautifully designed personal website :).

There's still a long way for me to go though, as I still have yet to set up MySQL database server, testing whether PHP pages can talk with it, and most important of them all, learning PHP itself! Woa... that's going to be a big task!

No comments: