Friday, June 03, 2005

[TechTalk] Great Reading Materials on HTTP

Currently the research project that I have to conduct on my job requires me to understand a bit about the specifications of HTTPS and XML, since I would need to do a short commentary about the possible obstacles replacing the existing network architecture using TCP (with application depended message data constructs) to HTTPS and XML.

However, considering the lack of understanding of these technologies, I do have to do my own research. And technical specifications in any RFC is not a joke: They are almost close to completely cryptic without any basic understanding on the what's, why's and how's. So obviously I have to look for some much introductory text to get myself accustomed first.

So here's a few weblinks that I have found that I find really useful.

First off, the RFCs (that I'm reading... or I believe that I need to read, at least):
(* from RFC-Editor)
RFC793 -- Transmission Control Protocol
RFC2616 -- Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
RFC2246 -- The TLS Protocol, Version 1.0
RFC2818 -- HTTP over TLS (*Considered as an implementation of HTTPS)
RFC3470 -- Guidelines for the Use of Extensible Markup Language (XML) within IETF Protocols

Now the useful weblinks:
XML in 10 Points
HTTP Made Really Easy
The TCP/IP Guide
Beej's Guide to Network Programming (*Gosh I never knew that socket programming is actually a requirement ^^")

No comments: